Clean Samatra, Green Samatra
Completed Projects so far:
- Rubbish collection and disposal system introduced.
- Drinking water filter plant installed for the entire village.
- New vathan infrastructure, extensive landscaping and the tree planting in massive fields and neighbourhood areas.
- A number of internal roads in central Samatra were resurfaced.
- Main temple road extended to Navan Highway.
- Samsan bhoomi road and tree planting on either side where possible.
- Vadasar road Naka to Talao Mahdev and tree planting on either side.
- Primary school frontage landscaping and tree planting in front area.
- Tree planting on main highway from Navan to primary school, where access available.
- Built Saat-Koshi Naku, road and bridge leading to Saat – Koshi Mahdev.
- Landscaping & construction of concrete roads opposite Hanumanji and Mataji mandir and Samaj chowk, leading to Bal-Mandir.
- Bhimnath Mahadev road tree planting.
- New street lighting covering the entire village.
Water Harvesting and Conservation projects completed so far:
- Widening and deepening of Ujamni Talao to almost double the capacity and size.
- Widening and deepening of three other Talaos in Samatra neighbourhood.
- Built check dam in the valley of Hadham Dhado mountain range and channelled the overflow in the canal leading into catchment areas of Ujamni and Bhambh rai Talao’s.
- Created a new Ujamni No. 2 Talao south of Ujamni No1’s ogan (overflow).
Ujamni New Projects Under Construction:
- 100ft long by 12 ft wide bridge over the Ujamni ogan (overflow).
- 35ft X 12ft wide bridge over the water inflow canal located at the south-west corner of Ujamni (near railway nalas).
- 20ft x 12ft bridge over papadi near Rajput Vaas. Rebuild and increase the height of 100ft long ogan by 1ft which will increase the Ujamni capacity by more than 50%.
Note: Sponsorships for all the above projects have been recieved.
Following new projects will begin soon:
- Ujamni Talao Island:
- Ujamni Talao Island and approach road construction will have all round boundary wall 2.5ft high, 1.5ft width and 2ft deep foundation and entry gate.
- Ground levelling, landscaping and necessary rain water drainage system.
- Ten trees will be planted with individual concrete enclosures for protection in early years.
- Permanent watering facilities for individual trees on drip irrigation system.
- Ten benches installed where necessary.
Note: Sponsorship of Rs. 2,85,000/+ have been recieved now.
- Sixty trees will be planted on the new West Bank and South Bank Ujamni Talao at 50ft distance with:
- Concrete enclosure for protection from cattle.
- Concrete bench installed at every tree position with donors name plate.
- Every tree will be on drip irrigation system.
- All trees watered regularly and maintained till matured.
Note: Sponsorship per tree with a bench installed Rs. 8,000 or £120
- Ujamni Talao No.2 sponsorship required:
- 300ft long embankment construction Rs 1,00,000/=
- 100ft long & 15ft wide ogan construction Rs 77,000/=
- 10 Trees at Rs 8,000 each with a bench
For Donations / Information, please contact:
- Naina Maheshkumar Varsani: 07939156898